Thursday, September 13, 2007

Banking Jobs

Ok, let me first start by saying, I am new at blogging.
With that being said, let me start by talking about Banking Jobs. Anyone who knows me, knows I have been trying to find a better job. I started looking into the Banking Industry. I have applied at Bank Of America, Washington Mutual, Suntrust and Colonial, just to name a few. Of the banks mentioned, only two of them have called me, Bank Of America and Colonial. Now, I passed the assessment test, went on the initial interview, followed by a second interview with Bank Of America. This whole process has taken over 2 months now and no one has even given my the courtesy of a phone call to say yes, you are hired or no you are not hired. This too me is CRAZY! The banks do not want us to waste THEIR time, but it is ok for them to waste ours. (It is almost like they think that their time is more valuable ) I think once you reach the second interview, with the Branch Manager, they should have the power to say yes or no right then and there.....NO MORE WASTED TIME!
As for Colonial, they called over a week ago and set up the phone interview for 9/11/07 at 10am and no one ever called me. I had other things to do, but was at home waiting for them to call. I called them and spoke with someone who was very apologetic and rescheduled the interview for today 9/13/07 at 10am. It was 10:10 when they called me. The woman I spoke to was very nice. We chatted for a few moments and then was asked to take the assessment test and call her back when I was finished. I called her back only to find out I FAILED! So I asked how exactly do you fail a test that is asking basically your option of yourself and what others think of you? There should be no right or wrong answers. Basically what she said is they are looking for a certain profile and I am not it.
How is it that a person can pass an assessment test for one bank and not another when the questions are almost always the same?
I was at my bank the other day opening an account, now she has been a teller for a lot of years, and she told me she failed the assessment test for another bank.
The whole system is crazy..... if a teller from one bank can not pass an assessment test for another bank when she already has a teller job there is a problem with the system.
For now, I guess I will just continue with my job search and hope for the best. There is the perfect job for me out there, I just have to find it!

No comments: