Monday, October 15, 2007

Vacation

As of last Thursday at 1:00 PM I have been on vacation. We left around 8:00 PM and headed north toward Ohio. We arrived safely around 10:30 AM Friday morning. It was a very long drive. Actually, I drove for a short time on this trip, which has never happened in the past. :) He usually does all the driving, but he could barely keep his eyes open, so I drove for a while.

We spent most of Friday sleeping. :( Saturday, we went to the Enon Apple Butter Festival. I enjoy the food at this festival, they have a booth that serves the best pork chop sandwich around. We get one every year :) I called my best friend and let her know I was in town, but told her I did not want her to feel obligated to come and visit. She comes from Indiana every year to see me, but with the kids and sports and boys scouts, girl scouts and all the other activities, I know she is busy. She called me later that night and said they would see me in a few hours....how cool is that :)

Saturday we all went to the Waynesville Sauerkraut Festival. Yummy... pork, kraut and mashed potatoes. It was alot of fun! Afterwards we went on a hayride with the kids, we do this every year when she comes. It is always so much fun. I am glad she was able to enjoy the festival with me this year, it really is my favorite one . :)

Today was a day of recovery. Everyone was so pooped from all the walking we did all weekend. Stephanie, Bill and Trent went home and my family just kind of hung out around the house.
Can't wait to see what the rest of the week will bring :)

No comments: