Saturday, November 3, 2007

Why does it matter?

I just want to know why my weight is such a big issue for him? I mean it is not like I was 100 lbs when we met. I was 162 when I got pregnant with Aaron, which was within 4-6 weeks of us getting together. I have had 3 kids and weigh around 167-170 depending on the day. He tells me outright that I am overweight and borderline obese. The bible says that the tongue is mightier than the sword, well, I never realized it until now. He really hurts my feelings and makes em feel bad.
I am 5'2" tall and yes, I know I have put on a little weight, but give me a break already. I can tell you exactly what the problem is....if it is not fun I don't want to do it! I need motivational support, not a mental bashing. I am tired of feeling this way and am on the verge of cracking.
The really sad part is that I love him enough to keep taking the bashing.
I haven't really discussed this issue with too many people, but I need to vent before I do explode. I don't want to break up my family. Things are hard enough in life for kids these days without adding a broken home to the list.
I just don't know how much more I can really take. It seems like each day it just breaks me down a little more. (on the days that we "discuss" the issue)
I am trying really hard to stay positive and not let my boys see the hurt.

No comments: